Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bike Stuff

After checking out a bunch of cool bikes, and looking at a couple of vintage Schwinn frames I've hung on to over the years, I've got the itch again. Also, it came from just wanting to change the handlebars on my cruiser. Why couldn't I just swap the handlebars and be done with it? Nope, gotta rip into a couple of bikes, get a bunch of ideas and, well...
Photobucket
Gone are the cool, long, handlebars (I love the look, but don't like riding with my wrists twisted), gone is the old seat (what?!? It's not black?!?!), and gone are the fat, white-walls. I road this around and love how if feels- fast and fun. Although, I have to get used of the tires, those fat tires roll over everything. This bike is sort of my rough-draft.
Photobucket
My poor Hollywood- it finally met it's fate as a parts bike.
Photobucket
Mixing and matching parts on what I hope to be my new ride. Fork from the Hollywood (fender didn't clear- goodbye!), frame from a Schwinn Flying Star.

Fingers crossed!


No comments:

Post a Comment